- Curfew In Effect
The public is reminded to practice the following COVID-19 prevention guidelines:
- Wear a face mask when you leave your home.
- Practice social distancing, at least 6ft from others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol.
- Cover your cough or sneeze in your inner elbow or with a tissue.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as phones, remote controls, counters, doorknobs, and keyboards.
- For complete COVID order refer to: Emergency Powers (Covid 19 Pandemic)(Management And Recovery)(Amendment)(No. 3) Order, 2021
- Travel Guidelines
Learn more about The Bahamas' latest travel and safety protocols. Visit www.bahamas.com/tourism-reopening-faq for more information.
Latest Travel Updates: Emergency Powers (Covid-19 Pandemic)(Risk Management)(No.4)(Amendment)(No.6) Order 2021
Read Full Travel Guidelines
- Wear A Mask
Requirement to Wear A Face Mask
Every person who leaves his residence shall, while away from their residence, wear a face mask which fits securely to their face, covering their nose and mouth.
Any person not wearing a face mask in accordance with the Emergency Powers (Covid-19 Pandemic)(Risk Management)(No.4)(Amendment)(No.6) Order 2021 is liable to a fine of $250 or one month imprisonment or both.
To access full Emergency Powers (Covid-19 Pandemic)(Risk Management)(No.4)(Amendment)(No.6) Order 2021:Read Full Emergency Powers
- Guidelines & Business Operations
On the islands of New Providence and Abaco, restaurants are permitted to operate between 6am and 9pm Monday to Sunday and may provide takeaway, drive-thru and outdoor dining only. Indoor dining is not permitted.
Public and Private Transport
Taxis, private and public bus services may operate at 50% occupancy, subject to guidelines issued by the Ministry of Tourism and approved by the Ministry of Health.
Beauty Salons and Barbershops
Permitted to operated MONDAY to FRIDAY 6AM – 8PM and SATURDAY 6am - 5pm.
Subject to certification by the Ministry of Health and strict adherence to mask wearing, physical distancing and sanitization protocols. Occupancy limited to one patron per service provider.
Monday to Friday between 6am and 9pm
On Saturday between 6am and 5pm
In Abaco, on Saturday and Sunday between 6am and 6pm
On Sunday, a construction company may apply in writing to the Competent Authority for permission to operate. Email email@example.com
- Prohibited Businesses and Activities
The following businesses and activities are prohibited to operate or be held:
- A casino, bar, discotheque, cinema, museum, historical society and other cultural or entertainment facility.
- A regatta, festival, fair, play, performance art and other cultural or entertainment event. A Cook-out, steak-out or souse-out.
- A spa.
- A craft or straw market vendor and a jet-ski operator.
Permitted daily between the hours of 5am and 10pm.
Teachers permitted to attend premises to conduct virtual learning. Schools or preschools permitted to operate in accordance with the Emergency Order subject to physical distancing, mask wearing and sanitisation protocols.
- In Case You Missed It
ational Address by Prime Minister The Most Hon. Dr. Hubert Minnis & Statement by Dr. Merceline Dahl-Regis, Sunday May 23, 2021