- Curfew In Effect
Monday through Sunday from 10pm to 5am curfew for the islands of New Providence and Paradise Island (including Rose Island) and Abaco (excluding Green Turtle Cay, Grand Cay, Man-O-War Cay and Elbow Cay).
GRAND BAHAMA: DAILY 10PM to 5AM
Curfew for Eleuthera and Exuma Monday through Sunday from 10pm to 5am
The public is reminded to practice the following COVID-19 prevention guidelines:
- Wear a face mask when you leave your home.
- Practice social distancing, at least 6ft from others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol.
- Cover your cough or sneeze in your inner elbow or with a tissue.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as phones, remote controls, counters, doorknobs, and keyboards.
- For complete COVID order refer to: Emergency Powers (COVID-19 Pandemic)(Risk Management)(No.4)Order, 2020
- Eleuthera & Exuma
- COVID-19 Bahamas
- Travel Guidelines
Learn more about The Bahamas' latest travel and safety protocols. Visit www.bahamas.com/tourism-reopening-faq for more information.
Latest Travel Amendment: : Emergency Powers (Covid-19 Pandemic)(Risk Management)(No.4) Order, 2020
Read Full Travel Guidelines
- Wear A Mask
Requirement to Wear A Face Mask
Every person who leaves his residence shall, while away from their residence, wear a face mask which fits securely to their face, covering their nose and mouth.
Any person not wearing a face mask in accordance with the Emergency Powers (Covid-19 Pandemic)(Risk Management)(No.4) Order, 2020 is liable to a fine of $250 or one month imprisonment or both.
To access full Emergency Powers (Covid-19 Pandemic)(Risk Management)(No.4) Order, 2020 :Read Full Emergency Powers
Permitted daily between the hours of 5am and 10pm.
- Guidelines & Business Operations
MONDAY to FRIDAY on New Providence and Abaco businesses may operate between 6AM to 8PM in accordance with provisions and guidelines outlined in the Emergency Powers (COVID-19 Pandemic)(Risk Management)(No.4)Order, 2020.
Business and social activities remain unchanged on Acklins, Andros, Berry Islands, Bimini, Cat Island, Chub Cay, Crooked Island, Elbow Cay, Inagua, Mayaguana, Grand Bahama, Grand Cay, Green Turtle Cay, Harbour Island, Long Cay, Long Island, Man-O-War Cay, Ragged Island, Rum Cay, San Salvador and Spanish Wells with physical distancing and mask wearing protocols.
Public and Private Transport
Taxis, private and public bus services may operate at 50% occupancy, subject to guidelines issued by the Ministry of Tourism and approved by the Ministry of Health.
Beauty Salons and Barbershops
Permitted to operated MONDAY to FRIDAY 6AM – 8PM and SATURDAY 6am - 5pm.
Subject to certification by the Ministry of Health and strict adherence to mask wearing, physical distancing and sanitization protocols. Occupancy limited to one patron per service provider.
Work Remotely From Home
All businesses and offices may continue their business operations by allowing their employees to work remotely from home, unless identified as an essential worker in the Emergency Order details to read: Emergency Powers (Covid-19 Pandemic)(Risk Management)(No.4) Order, 2020 .Applicable to New Providence (including Rose Island) and Paradise Island and Abaco (excluding Green Turtle Cay, Grand Cay, Man-O-War Cay and Elbow Cay)
Monday to Friday between 6am and 9pm
On Saturday between 6am and 5pm
In Abaco, on Saturday and Sunday between 6am and 6pm
On Sunday, a construction company may apply in writing to the Competent Authority for permission to operate. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prohibited Businesses and Activities
The following businesses and activities are prohibited to operate or be held:
- A casino, bar, discotheque, cinema, museum, historical society and other cultural or entertainment facility.
- A regatta, festival, fair, play, performance art and other cultural or entertainment event. A Cook-out, steak-out or souse-out.
- A spa or gym.
- A craft or straw market vendor and a jet-ski operator.
Beaches and Parks
Schools permitted to operate virtually on New Providence and Abaco. Teachers permitted to attend premises to conduct virtual learning. Schools or preschools permitted to operate in accordance with the Emergency Order subject to physical distancing, mask wearing and sanitisation protocols.
- In Case You Missed It