Curfew and social gathering restrictions implemented on North and South Bimini
A daily 7pm to 5am curfew will take effect on North and South Bimini, beginning tonight, 1 July 2021, in accordance with the Emergency Powers (Covid 19 Pandemic) (Management and Recovery) (No.2) (Amendment) (No.2) Order, 2021.
The newly amended Order also provides for the following on North and South Bimini:
• Social gatherings are prohibited;
• Funeral services may be held at the graveside only, and are limited to a maximum of 10 people, not including officiants and funeral service workers. Services are subject to physical distancing and any other health protocols issued by the Bahamas Christian Council and approved by the Ministry of Health;
• Weddings are permitted in a church, a facility or outdoors provided that the number of attendees is limited to 10, including the officiant, and that all attendees wear masks;
• Wedding receptions are prohibited;
• Church services may be held daily between 6am and 6pm in accordance with physical distancing and other health protocols provided by the Bahamas Christian Council and approved by the Ministry of Health;
• All bars are prohibited from operating;
• Groups are limited to a maximum of five persons on beaches and parks.
• Hotel and cruise ship guests will be required to remain on the premises of the hotel or cruise ship during the curfew period. Hotel and cruise ship guests may also move between the hotel and marina, to the extent the marina is part of the premises of the hotel, during the curfew period.
Teams from the Ministry of Health were deployed to Bimini today, 1 July 2021, to carry out vaccinations on the island and provide assistance to the local health team.
Residents throughout The Bahamas, including those who are partially or fully vaccinated, are reminded to continue to practice the recommended health measures to reduce and control the spread of the COVID-19 virus. These measures include wearing a mask that properly covers
the nose and mouth, keeping a distance of six feet from others, washing your hands thoroughly and frequently and avoiding large crowds.
The Emergency Powers (Covid 19 Pandemic) (Management and Recovery) (No. 2) (Amendment) (No. 2) Order, 2021 will be available online at opm.gov.bs.