The Office of the Prime Minister wishes to advise that a 10pm – 5am curfew and all provisions as outlined in the Emergency (COVID 19 Pandemic) (Storm Preparedness) Order, 2020 will apply to the islands of Acklins and Crooked Island, effective immediately.
The provisions are being applied to both islands on the advice of health officials.
On Thursday 20 August 2020, health officials confirmed one case of COVID-19 on the island of Acklins. Health officials are also closely monitoring four suspected COVID-19 cases on that island.
On Crooked Island, health officials are closely monitoring three suspected COVID-19 cases. Active contact tracing continues on both Acklins and Crooked Island.
For more information please see the Emergency Powers (COVID 19 Pandemic) (No.3) (Amendment) (No.6) Order, 2020 at www.opm.gov.bs.
The public is reminded to practice the following COVID-19 prevention guidelines:
- wear a face mask when you leave home;
- keep your distance, at least 6 ft from others;
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and if soap andwater are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol;
- cover your cough or sneeze in your inner elbow or with a tissue; and
- clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as phones, remote controls,counters, doorknobs, and keyboards.
Do your part to prevent the spread of COVID-19.